What information we collect: We collect and use information that is necessary to provide you with our appraisal services. We may collect and maintain several types of personal information needed for this purpose, such as:
- Information we receive from you on applications, letters of engagement, forms found on our website, correspondence, or conversations, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, bank records, salary information, the income and expenses associated with the subject property, the sale price of the subject property, and the details of any financing on the subject property;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including, but not limited to, payments history, parties to transactions and other financial information;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as a credit history.
What information we disclose: Except as described below, we do not share nonpublic personal information. We will not rent, sell, trade, or otherwise release or disclose any personal information about you. We will not disclose consumer information to any third party for use in telemarketing, direct mail or other marketing purposes.
We limit the sharing of nonpublic personal information about you with financial or non-financial companies, including companies affiliated with us, and other third parties to the following:
(i) We may share information when it is necessary or required to process a loan or other financial transaction;
(ii) We may share information when it is required or permitted by law, such as to protect you against fraud or in response to a subpoena.
Confidentiality and Security
- We consider privacy to be fundamental to our relationship with clients. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of clients’ personal information. Internal policies have been developed to protect this confidentiality, while allowing client needs to be served.
- We restrict access to personal information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide service and products for you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your nonpublic personal information. We do not disclose this information about you or any former consumers or customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- When we share nonpublic information referred to above, the information is made available for limited purposes and under controlled circumstances. We require third parties to comply with our standards for security and confidentiality. We do not permit use of consumer/customer information for any other purpose nor do we permit third parties to rent, sell, trade or otherwise release or disclose information to any other party.